Hardware Project Manager
Location: Dallas Texas, or Denver Colorado USA (Remote for the right candidate)
Position: Full Time
Tite: Hardware Project Manager
Resi products are designed and built to provide the best media streaming experience in the world, both for broadcasters and viewers alike. As a member of our Product business unit, you will help drive new product success. Together we build and create brand new cutting edge technologies. Resi at its core, achieves this though our team members. You are our greatest asset.
We are hiring a Hardware Project Manager. This individual will create and manage future products that are business critical across the organization. Forward thinking concepts that show line of sight and path to revenue are crafted here. Future products reinvent the way our customers and partners do business. The primary responsibility of this role is to support our business with planning, resourcing, budgeting, testing, prototyping, implementation, integration, communication and complete life cycle execution of unique highly customized hardware and software products.
You will be part of an advanced team that will build minimum viable products through individual lab derived concepts. You will work with software developers and hardware suppliers to instantiate state of the art ‘go to market’ offerings. These are first time, net-new product launches for the company.
This individual will bridge relationships between Engineering, Product, and Sales/Marketing staff – bringing a product to life by holding all the requirements together and delivering on time and under budget. You will focus on communicating with internal and external project team members and stakeholders as needed. You will identify and drive the completion of all project tasks and work streams. Additionally, this role will support the execution, mission, and vision of the Product Management ‘Future Vision’ business at Resi.
This position will be responsible for maintaining the Marketing Specification Plan and managing project documentation, test plans and release notes according to the Product Development Process (PDP); driving closure/completion of action items and deliverables through scrum and agile methodologies. You will follow up with stakeholders and contributors to validate that the deliverables will meet the requirements. The Project Manager will also be responsible for managing the project through the desired timeline; anticipating project risks and actively driving towards resolution; presenting project status to sponsors and stakeholders, maintaining visibility into milestones and deliverables; representing the project at key meetings, tracking and driving action item conversations to due date expectations; generating project updates including tracking any relevant metrics for stakeholders; acting as liaison with other internal groups (product management, engineering, R&D and Lab teams) and external groups (partner, OEM, 3rd party collaboration efforts) for planning, securing resources and execution; tracking budget data to ensure accurate forecasting; coordinating and managing the project via Jira, Confluence (wiki), and Slack.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Broadcast Engineering, Business or other similar discipline with 5+ years’ experience working with manufacturing, prototyping, labs, research & development or process development capacities.
- 2+ years Project Management experience in a matrix organization
- 5+ years post-educational experience working with Video & Audio encoding, decoding, broadcast engineering or related entertainment remote office, meeting event growth fields
- 5+ years Project Management experience with a focus on near or real time live streaming with a high level of technical complexity and delivery
- 5+ years’ experience working on R&D projects in a global, matrixed organization
- PMP® certification
- Adept at both navigating the complexities of a large organization and within a start-up environment
- Ability to work as a self-motivated individual contributor and as part of a focused team
- Effective communicator across multi-disciplinary groups
- Previous experience with (audio+video) streaming broadcast device manufacturing
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
- Experience in lab, prototyping, alpha \ beta testing, minimum viable products, go to market and product launch activities
- Demonstrated ability to manage executive stakeholders and influence contributors across a variety of levels
- Agility, flexibility, adaptability due to shifting landscape of priorities – the job may evolve with the business need
- Previous work experience in international and multidisciplinary project teams a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to perform at times in a virtual remote environment and to interact effectively with staff at all levels of the organization in face to face and remote settings. Demonstrated decision-making skills as well as strong business acumen
- Attention to detail and accuracy with respect to internal and external reporting
Nice To Have Qualifications:
- Technical understanding of streaming media systems including audio and video capture and playout interfaces and standards like SDI, HDMI, AES67, and SMPTE 2110, and their related baseband bandwidth capabilities; encoding and decoding compression codecs like NDI, h.264, HEVC, and VP9; understanding of frame rates, scan types, and media containers like MPEG-TS and CMAF fMP4; and streaming protocols/standards like RTMP, HLS, DASH, Zixi, SRT, and webRTC.
- Familiarity with CentOS, Windows, MacOS, iOS, TvOS, Roku OS; and the ability to compile drivers for devices and FFMPEG on those OS with C++ or Java, Assembly, Machine Code.
- Experience building and streaming with low powered devices such as Raspberry Pi, Panda Latte, NVIDIA Jetston, etc.
- Experience with process development and computer manufacturing or assembly, specifically with FPGA encoders like Xilinx.
- Understanding of the TCP/IP Protocol Stack and network topology such as LAN/WAN, MPLS. Understanding of cellular bonding vs load balancing.
- Proven understanding and experience with UI/UX design approvals and processes, Jira project management, lab regression testing, burn in platforms and willingness to expand knowledge in this area.
- Experience with Cloud service provider hosting models and virtualization such as GKE Anthos, Google and Amazon Cloud, ingress \ egress and CDN concepts a plus.
Resi is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
Resi is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at +1 (800) 875-0696 between 9:00am to 5:00pm CST Monday through Friday.
Nearest Major Market:
Dallas and Denver, USA
Project Manager, Research and Development, Labs, Prototyping, Broadcast Engineering, Live Streaming, Smart / Portable Device Manufacturing, Information Technology, Software Development