Product Manager – New Products
Denver, CO, USA
Living As One’s products are designed and built with one goal in mind: to provide the best media streaming experience in the world – both for broadcasters and for viewers. A Product Manager at Living As One is core to achieving this goal because he/she is the one who defines the continual innovations which make that end-to-end experience great.
As a Product Manager, your roles and responsibilities will change depending on the stage of your product(s). In one season, you might spend most of your time researching and validating a potential product solution to a specific problem, and in another, you may be focused on innovating and overseeing the improvement of existing products. But no matter the season, what you create must be the best in the world, and you must constantly be striving to awe our customers and make streaming problems a thing of the past.
Lack of confidence can sometimes hold us back from going for a job. But here’s a secret: there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate. Living As One is a place where we encourage personal ownership. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. The most important requirement of this job is to understand our customers and be able to create products that make sense to them.
- Build products that customers love.
- Own and define the product strategy, vision, and roadmap for the entire life of the product based on market research and by looking at the current state of success of our products.
- Manage prioritization of feature requests and outcome-oriented initiatives.
- Discover and validate business value solutions by talking with customers and continually growing in understanding the market needs.
- Organize multiple products, with feature requests coming in from multiple sources, and keep them moving forward until they reach resolution.
- Work with various stakeholders to clearly define feature requirements so that they meet definition of ready prior to sprint pickup and definition of done can be easily discerned by all teams involved.
- Understand development capacity for a product team in order to help validate product innovation timeline and cost estimates.
- Train internal teams on product innovations and changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, operations, software development, or equivalent experience.
- Proven record of successful product management experience — creating new products and innovating existing products.
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork.
- Excellent time management, organization, and negotiation skills.
- Self-driven continual learner of both market trends and technology in general.
- Ability to recognize problems and innovate business-driven solutions.
- Able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Software experience with Google Apps, JIRA, Confluence.
- Master’s degree in Project Management.
- 5-10 years of Product Management for a PaaS.
- Working knowledge of web technologies such as HTTP API (REST), HTML, CSS, and JS, and also the Linux operating system and network technologies.
- Experience with hardware and software related to the video and audio production industry, including ffmpeg and gStreamer. Familiarity with video compression codecs such as h.264, HEVC, VP8/9 and AV1, and streaming technologies such as CMAF, FEC, SRT, Zixi, RIST, DASH and HLS.
Email us your resume: [email protected]