Westminster, CO, USA
Dallas, TX, USA
Resi’s products are designed and built with one goal in mind: to provide the best media streaming experience in the world – both for broadcasters and for viewers. A Product Owner at Resi is core to achieving this goal because he/she is the one who sets, prioritizes, and evaluates the upcoming work for features and functionality for our products.
As a Product Owner, your roles and responsibilities will change depending on the stage of your product(s). In one season, you might spend most of your time researching and validating a potential product solution to a specific problem, and in another, you may be focused on innovating and overseeing the improvement of existing products. But no matter the season, what you create must be the best in the world, and you must constantly be striving to awe our customers and make streaming problems a thing of the past.
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Works with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including analytics, design/user experience, engineering, and user enablement.
- Works with user-focused departments to define the self-service user experience, support, and monitoring for customers.
- Defines and executes go-to-market plan, working to ensure that product management, marketing, support, and sales have what they need to be successful.
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, operations, software development, or equivalent experience.
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Self-driven continual learner of both market trends and technology in general.
- Ability to recognize problems and innovate business-driven solutions.
- Able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Software experience with Google Apps, JIRA, Confluence.
- Understanding of user interface, API, and DB interaction.
If you don’t meet the minimum or preferred qualifications, we encourage you to still apply! We believe that passion trumps experience.
- 2-5 years of Product Management for a PaaS.
- Working knowledge of web technologies such as HTTP API (REST), HTML, CSS, and JS, and also the Linux operating system and network technologies.
- Experience with hardware and software related to the video and audio production industry, including ffmpeg and gStreamer. Familiarity with video compression codecs such as h.264, HEVC, VP8/9 and AV1, and streaming technologies such as CMAF, FEC, SRT, Zixi, RIST, DASH, and HLS.