Senior Technical Writer
Senior Technical Writer
Resi Media, LLC
Locations: Plano, TX, Westminster, CO, or Remote in WA.
Position Status: Full Time Exempt
Salary: $60,000-$80,000 per year
At Resi, we create powerful and versatile products which empower our customers to achieve their vision of reaching people online. Our customers might be aiming to reach individuals locally and/or globally, though live streaming, simulated live streaming, and video on demand.
As a Senior Technical Writer at Resi, you will develop and maintain written and video content that enables our customers to achieve their goals with the Resi product. This includes working with onboarding materials, troubleshooting resources, technical documentation, in-app messaging, and more. To be successful in this position, you must be capable of describing complex processes in a manner that can be easily followed by both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Research, create, and maintain written and video content to support customers in their workflows.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the documentation team to develop clear, elegant, and effective documentation. This includes giving and receiving constructive criticism and feedback.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop content to support their objectives.
- Work closely with the product team to ensure content is up to date, and to develop content for future releases.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and create internal and public documentation.
- Script and produce screencast + voiceover videos for training and support.
- Engage with customers in our public forums and user communities to discover and correct gaps and misunderstandings in documentation.
- Keep documentation up to date with current industry definitions and technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines with a high standard of excellence.
- Must be comfortable working independently to learn Resi’s products, technical concepts, and complex workflows.
Preferred Experience & Education:
- Experience running webinars and/or producing product training videos.
- Experience using a content management system, knowledge base, or learning management system.
- Experience in an educational context, especially in curriculum planning & development.
- Technical support, product/project management, or development work experience
- Understanding of video systems and video streaming technologies.
- An undergraduate degree in Technical Writing, Communications, or Business
- Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, etc.
If you don’t meet every qualification, please don’t be discouraged to apply! We hire for talent and passion over experience. To apply, send your resume to [email protected]. For more information on our benefits, visit www.resi.io/jobs.