Technical Support Engineer III
Location: Westminster, CO
Position Status: FT Exempt
Salary Range: $70,000 to $90,000
Resi Media, LLC is a privately held technology company broadcasting content for thousands of organizations around the globe. The industry leader in providing ultra-reliable live streaming to both physical venues and web destinations over a standard internet connection, Resi provides world-class technical support and customer service, having one of the highest satisfaction rates in the media industry.
This role participates with a team of Technical Support engineers to perform advanced technical systems support, maintenance, and testing for customer systems. This role participates with a team of Technical Support engineers to solve bugs and incidents with complex system hardware issues (Firmware/behavior conflicts, connectivity and failure issues), software issues (Software updates, bugs, behavior conflicts, questions), networking failures (LAN, VLAN, Cloud), perceived conflicts with Social Media providers, other vendors, other partners . This role is dedicated to solving customer facing issues, suggesting changes to software and behavior and product conflicts to improve customer expected performance. This engineer takes issues unable to be solved in Tier I and II and resolves them by running through all known troubleshooting processes, attempting new processes, or when all known troubleshooting is exhausted, partnering with DevOps and Engineering to provide new solutions to comprehensive and complex problems.
- Serve as the escalation point for bugs and incidents from Tier 1 and 2.
- Expected to fix customer impacting defects as reported by support, ensuring all available
troubleshooting steps are followed and exhausted before sending to engineer and DevOps.
- Provide coaching and mentoring of Tier 1 and 2 on troubleshooting and solving customer impacting
- Own the incident process when multiple customers call in experiencing the same unacceptable behavior. This will include following established incident processes, working cross functionally with
engineering/dev ops on calls, management team and Tier 2.
- Establish best practices for Resi on uncovering bugs, troubleshooting and entering, managing and closing Jira tickets for bugs, questions and requests to Engineering/DevOps and Prod. Understand and backup Tier 2 and Tech Support on-call functions as needed.
- Maintain a strong technical working relationship with Engineering and DevOps.
- Quickly gain a strong understanding of Resi’s technical stack and infrastructure and how to navigate
- Provide technical leadership to the Technical Support team.
- Act as a senior lead and trainer for other Technical Support Engineers and management teams.
- Reproduction of Customer Setup and Configuration around customer outages and incidents to help
debugging issues locally.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical support and/or system engineering role in a professional setting,
preferably within a SaaS environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux, preferably RedHat or CentOS, Bash and SQL/Database systems.
- Experience with Cloud-based systems such as Google Cloud or AWS, Cassandra, Kubernetes,
OAuth and message buses (Google PubSub, AWS SQS, RabbitMQ, or Kafka)
- Experience with Object oriented programming, preferably Java and RESTful API design preferred.
- Experience with software related to video and audio processing is preferred (ffmpeg, gStreamer,
video codecs such as H.264, HEVC, VP8/9 and AV1, DASH/HLS)
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, and Slack are a plus.
- Knowledge of Live production environments (audio/video) a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of IP/TCP networking, computer hardware and software concepts.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and investigative skills, with proven record of how to Return to Service
(RTS), perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Resolve technical issues.
- Background in testing hardware and/or SaaS is a plus.
- Ability to work in dynamic and constantly evolving environments.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays and on-call as needed.
- Team-oriented and able to collaborate well with others.
- Experience using a tech stack composed of Java, Spring based REST Services hosted in GitHub.
- Ability to debug and triage problems from logs to the code level using various tools.
If you don’t meet every qualification, please don’t be discouraged to apply! We hire for talent and passion over experience. Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please review our benefits listed at resi.io/jobs.