VOD Software Engineer
Salary Range: $90K to $140K
VOD Software Engineer
Resi Media, LLC
Locations: Plano, TX
Position Status: FT Exempt
Resi Media’s Software Engineers develop next-generation technologies that empower users to reach global audiences. Our products need to handle data at massive scale, and continue to set new standards in transmission resiliency. We’re looking for engineers with a strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure, Java, and database development, and who also bring fresh ideas from areas including audio/video processing, large-scale system design, networking & data storage, security, and UI design.
We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push streaming technology forward. We hire individuals with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact. Our team cares for customers by solving and proactively preventing problems, and sharing feedback with other internal teams to influence product development and always be improving our company offerings.
Thanks to you, the less “technical” users of our products never have to think about the tools they are using — they work every time, and the experience is intuitive, enjoyable, and frustration-free. Instead of spending time trying to make something difficult work, they can focus on building teams and their mission at hand.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Effectively manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Collaborate with support, hardware, billing, and sales teams to resolve any outstanding issues, prevent future potential issues, and contribute to product roadmap
- Strong software development skills in an object-oriented language (5+ years)
- Experience running services at scale in cloud providers like GCP/AWS (2+ years)
- Strong Java development skills
- Deep experience / understanding of programming design patterns
- Experience with anti-fragility patterns for cloud services
- Experience using FFmpeg to encode/decode/transcode media
- Experience with manipulating MP4 boxes (atoms)
- Experience with Google Cloud, AWS, NoSQL, Kubernetes, javaFX, oAuth, c++, JNA, Hystrix and message busses like google pubsub or RabbitMQ
- Familiar with tooling such as Eclipse, Jenkins, Gerrit, and Gradle
- Advanced knowledge of Linux, specifically RedHat or CentOS
- Experience with software related to the video and audio production industry, including ffmpeg and gStreamer. Familiarity with video compression codecs such as h.264, HEVC, VP8/9 and AV1, streaming technologies such as DASH and HLS, and container formats.
- Experience with Java DI frameworks (Spring, Guice, etc)
- Experience with message brokers (PubSub, SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc)
- Familiarity with different video codecs and their strengths and weaknesses
If you don’t meet every qualification, please don’t be discouraged to apply! We hire for talent and passion over experience.